Goto Main content


To marry, you must both first complete a declaration of marriage. This applies no matter where you plan to marry.

Good to know

  • You and your partner must both complete a declaration of marriage so that you can prove you meet the conditions for marriage.
  • This applies regardless of whether you plan to marry in a church, a town hall, a religious community or abroad.
  • If you live in different municipalities, you are free to choose which of the two municipalities to submit the declaration of marriage to.
  • If you want to change your name in connection with the marriage, you must fill in an application for the name change. The application must be submitted to the municipality.


Questions and Answers